Become a Member
- You will be added to our mailing list and receive all the latest information from Birmingham Parent Carer Forum.
- You might be asked to fill out surveys and give feedback on your experiences.
- You will be invited to join our social media pages.
Become an Expert By Experience
- You will be asked to attend meetings to share your experiences.
Become a Parent Represtative
- You will sit on Task & Finish groups or other projects with longer commitments.
- You will provide feedback from these meetings to the Committee via a feedback form.
- You will have opportunities to attend bespoke training sessions.
We need Parent Carer Representatives to join our team and help us expand our reach across Birmingham. You will play a vital part in the strategic direction of the services provided for SEND children, young people and their families in Birmingham. You will be helping to make a difference!
How much time do I need to commit?
The role is very flexible but it does require a level of commitment. We want you to shape the role to suit however much or little time you can dedicate. As a Forum we will be there to help support you and offer training where needed.
You will be working to:
- Help raise the profile of BPCF and engage Parent Carers in your local community.
- Capture feedback from Parent Carers on their experiences of services.
- Help to grow forum membership by encouraging parents to join.
- Participate in new authority initiatives.
- Help build a database of voluntary support groups and SEND services in Birmingham.
- Support the Management Committee in further development of the work priorities of BPCF.